Name:
Location: Hong Kong

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Experience in Chinese Restaurant

After 3 weeks, I finally went to Chinese restaurant here in Italy because Marco's friend invited us for dinner. He said it was the best in Udine and he liked it so much. Before going I already thought it might be a test for restaurant because I guess he wanna know if that one sell 'real' chinese food.

When I enter the restaurant, the waitress was a shocked when she knew I'm Chinese. 'You are Chinsese! OH,!!!'. Then because of my obvious accent of Mandarin.. She guessed that I am either from Taiwan or non-mainland China. Then throughout the dinner, other waitresses were also amazed that I'm Chinese.... Hmmm,, why?!

Anyway the 'Chinese' food we ordered were Cantonese fried rice, deep fried noodles, fried 'fun si'. Honestly, the rice and 'fun si' were nice. Very very similar to our taste. Then the 'Kong Pao chicken' and sweet sour pork should be improved but it is already ok. Better than the Chinese food in London I must say. Ah,, forget about the spring roll.. hmmm,, its quite salty.. other than that it was average.

The funniest thing was,, I order dessert in Chinese to the Chinese waitress.. but she made a wrong order,,,Sigh.. Chinese language is not working in Italy obviously......

1 Comments:

Blogger italian_cheese said...

yes, i'm used to italian food already.. haha.... well,, the first day of being here, i already got used... no jetlag, no problem of getting used... thanks for visiting my site, drew. ;) and sorry for the late reply as i went to austria for 2 days. i didnt check and upload...

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home